Massage is not just a luxury. It’s a way to healthier happier life
Anyone who has ever experiences good massage can attest to that.
There are many different types of massaging techniques and many of our clients have their own preferences:
- Swedish – relaxing, with gentle long stokes
- Deep – more forceful slower massage strokes, helps muscles and ligaments heal after injury
- Sports – specialized form geared towards preventing sports injuries or helping heal from them
- Trigger Point – focused on tender on painful points that result from injury or overuse.
What are some of the benefits of massage?
There are numerous benefits to a good massage that have been studied by scientists and confirmed by our clients.
- Relaxes and takes the tension away – Don’t we all need that sometimes
- Relieves Stress
- Reduces Anxiety
- Provides Improvement in circulation
- Help prevent injuries
- Enhances feeling of well-being
- Relieves pain
- Improves lymphatic drainage and helps with weight loss and cellulite reduction
- Reduces inflammation in the body
- Improves productivity
- Improves Sleep
- Reduces fatigue
How does massage work?
Have you ever felt euphoric and almost lightheaded after a good massage? Massage stimulates our body to release endorphins, serotonin and dopamine hormones. As they circulate through the body, they make us feel happier, better about ourselves and reduce anxiety. Some people feel that they become more productive after the massage.
It works to reduce stress by affecting our body’s chemistry. Stress is caused by high levels of cortisol and other stress hormones, and lower levels of serotonin and dopamine. Human touch is able to reverse this hormonal imbalance. The levels of cortisol and stress hormones drop after even one massage, and the levels of “feel good” hormones go up.
The newest research also showed that the pressure of the massage helps stimulate mitochondria. Those are tiny parts of every cell that are essential in healing. Activated mitochondria works on reducing pain by reducing inflammation and helps the body heal.
There is a lot that is still not known about how massage works, but we do know it does wonders to our clients.
Call us to book your massage appointment and start feeling better today!